Why Get A Furnace Or Boiler Tune-Up?
Evenings are starting to cool down here in Sullivan, Eastern Ulster and Northern Orange counties, and before you know it you’ll be turning to your heating system for a little warmth and comfort. But before you do that, a good idea to get it serviced by a professional.
What Do They Do During a Heating Tune Up?
An annual heating tune-up is basically a series of tests that a qualified heating technician follows to clean, inspect, test, and prep your furnace or boiler for the fall and winter months. The exact checklist differs from company to company and depends on the level of tune-up you pay for, but most will include such steps as:
- Calibrating your thermostat
- Checking overall heating function
- Checking electrical connections
- Testing safety and limit switches
- Cleaning and testing burners
Do You Need Heating Tune-up Every Year?
There are many benefits to having your heating system looked over by a pro every year. Here are five of the most important ones:
- It will help your heating system run reliably when you need it most – The best way to make sure your heating system will withstand the rigors of a Catskills-area winter is to let a professional heating technician work on your system.
- It will catch problems early – About four out of five heating system repairs are preventable; routine maintenance will help a technician to spot small issues before they turn into big problems.
- It will help spot potential safety risks – A heating expert can spot the early warning signs of a potentially dangerous problem, such as a carbon monoxide leak, before it becomes a risk to your family.
- It will lower your bills – Without regular maintenance, your heating system will lose about five percent efficiency per year on average – which makes a tune-up an investment that will basically pay for itself.
- It will keep your warranty in place – Many furnace or boiler warranties require annual maintenance from a qualified pro. If you don’t have your system serviced, you might find yourself paying for a heating repair even if the equipment is still under warranty!
The best way to take care of your heating tune-up? Sign up for a Black Bear Little Paw or Big Paw Service Plan. You’ll get an annual tune-up plus priority service, covered or discounted repair parts, and more, all for one low price! Contact us today to learn more.
Fall is just a few weeks away – schedule your heating system maintenance with Black Bear today!