5 Reasons To Choose A Mini-Split Cooling System
Mini-Split (or ductless) systems are a great, cost-effective alternative to inefficient window units – and sometimes even to central air conditioners. They’re usually the top option for homes that don’t have existing ductwork, and a great option anywhere you need cool air delivered indoors.
Here are five great reasons to choose mini-split system for your Sullivan County home.
- They’ll save you money – Ductless systems usually have SEER (seasonal energy efficiency rating) scores of 18 or more – substantially more than the fifteen or so that you’ll get from your window A/C. Mini-split systems require less energy to drive than central air units – and with the ability to create “zones” in your home (see #2 below), you can tailor your “cooling spend” to areas where you need it most.
- They’re flexible – Mini-split systems can direct a precise amount of cool air into different zones in your home. Indoor units can be arranged where you need them, and sized to the cooling load of their room. They can even be installed in rooms without windows, making them a great option for work rooms, offices, and home additions.
- They can be installed quickly, with minimal hassle – In a mini-split system, the indoor unit (called an air handler) is attached to outdoor condenser unit via a narrow pipe that feeds through a small three-inch hole in your wall. There’s no need to remodel around ductwork, and no loss of light or window use in the rooms you want to cool.
- Improved Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) – While air ducts in home HVAC systems have to be cleaned regularly by professionals, mini-splits have no ducts – which can drastically reduce the dust, bacteria, pollen, allergens and other air-borne nasties circulating in your indoor air.
- They’re more eco-friendly – Ductless systems typically run more efficiently than central air systems, which means you’ll need less power to run them – power that is often derived from fossil fuels. Mini-splits also use a refrigerant called R410A, which is more environmentally friendly than other refrigerants.
Could a mini-split system be right for you? Let’s talk about it. Contact the cooling system experts at Black Bear today to learn more about mini-split air conditioner installations in Sullivan County, NY!