Water Heater Warning Signs: Is It Time To Replace It?
Your water heater is a workhorse – a piece of equipment that you don’t appreciate until it stops working, leaving you with cold showers, dirty dishes, and perhaps even a rusty puddle in your basement.
The good news is that your water heater will usually show you that a problem is coming before the worst happens. Here are some water heater warning signs to look out for in the coming months.
- Rising fuel bills – If your energy bills are getting higher even though fuel prices haven’t budged, your water heater is probably losing efficiency – a sign it needs service, or perhaps even replacement.
- Leaks or rusty water – A puddle under your tank or rusty water coming from it are often signs that your water heater is corroding on the inside – a common problem with steel water tanks, especially if they aren’t properly maintained.
- Signs of hard water – Hard water is water that contains an abundance of minerals. Those minerals are most likely coming from your water supply, but they could also be coming from a lime build-up in your tank. If you begin to see new signs of hard water, such as white stains on your silverware and glassware, contact us for water heater repair.
- Strange sounds – Odd sounds coming from your storage tank usually indicate a build-up of sediment – a problem that could eventually wreck your water heater over time if it isn’t addressed.
- Age – A storage water heater (one with a tank) will last about 10 years on average, assuming it is properly maintained by a professional; once you pass the decade mark, investing in a replacement water heater usually makes more sense than paying for a water heater repair.
Water Heater Installations In Sullivan County, NY
If you’re experiencing these or any other problems, it could be time to replace your water heater. Our water heater experts will help you choose a model that’s the right fit for your space, use, and budget, then install it quickly and correctly so you can get back to your hot showers and dry basement.
In the market for a new water heater? We’ve got the energy-efficient, low-cost water heater options you need. Contact Black Bear today for a FREE, no obligation estimate on water heater installations in Sullivan County, NY!