What Does HVAC Stand For?
Why Is HVAC Maintenance Important?
HVAC is a common acronym that stands for heating, ventilation, and air conditioning. The HVAC system in your Sullivan County home keeps your home warm during the winter months and cool during the summer months by taking in the fresh air and then heating or cooling it as needed using a mechanical ventilation system. HVAC systems also includes any control systems and smart thermostats that work in conjunction with the heating and cooling equipment. HVAC systems can also regulate a home’s humidity level and improve its air quality.
At Black Bear Fuel Oil, Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning, we know HVAC. We provide HVAC repair, maintenance, and replacement.
Does Your HVAC System Need Repairs?
Are you worried that something is wrong with your HVAC system? Here are some clues that your worries are warranted and you should give us a call:
- An increase in your utility bills that isn’t due to an increase in usage or prices
- Inconsistent airflow
- Increased allergy symptoms when inside
- Strange noises coming from your system (e.g., buzzing, clanging, popping, rattling, or whistling)
- Strange smells (e.g., a musty or scorched odor)
- Uneven temperatures
Why is HVAC Maintenance Important?
You can avoid inconvenient and expensive repairs down the road by making sure that your HVAC system receives regular maintenance. You’ll also keep your HVAC system running more efficiently, which will save you money on your energy bills.
Here are five reasons to prioritize HVAC maintenance:
- As we mentioned earlier, you’ll save money by staying ahead of costly breakdowns and keeping your system running as efficiently as possible. You’ll also extend the life of your system and postpone the cost of a replacement.
- You’ll improve the air quality in your home.
- You’ll be more comfortable. A well-maintained HVAC system does a better job of cooling and heating your home.
- You’ll be safer. Regular HVAC maintenance can identify any potential problems that could lead to dangerous levels of carbon monoxide in your home.
- You’ll be helping the environment. A well-maintained HVAC system consumes less fuel.
Black Bear offers two preventative maintenance service plans, our Little Paw Plan and our Big Paw Plan. If you’re not currently enrolled in a service plan with us, here’s another reason to enroll today. New customers receive a $25 discount on the cost of whichever service plan they choose. (note: not valid on renewals.) Contact us to learn more.
What Does HVAC Maintenance Include?
When Black Bear is on the job, HVAC maintenance means more than just replacing filters. Here are some of the other tasks we’ll perform:
- We’ll inspect your system to look for potential problems.
- We’ll examine the fuel lines and points of connection.
- We’ll inspect exhaust outlets to check for damage like leaks or corrosion.
- We’ll check any electrical connections and voltage.
- We’ll carefully lubricate moving parts.
- We’ll make sure there is enough refrigerant in the air conditioner.
Receiving HVAC maintenance once a year is a good rule of thumb. That’s why an annual tune-up is included in both of our preventative maintenance service plans.
Need HVAC maintenance or repairs? Call the Bear, and we’ll be there. And if it’s time to replace your HVAC system with a new one, we can do that too. We’re Sullivan County’s first choice for HVAC installation, maintenance, and service, and your comfort is our top priority.
Contact Black Bear today to learn more.