Heating, ventilation and air conditioning service in Sullivan County and beyond
Have your energy bills been rising lately with little or no change in how you are heating and cooling your home or business? Old or poorly maintained equipment can make your HVAC system inefficient, hitting you where it hurts—right in the wallet.
Black Bear Fuel Oil, Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning is your heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) company. We’ll keep your system running efficiently and trouble free. We also have many years of experience installing replacement systems.
Our team of highly trained, certified technicians will provide quality work in a reasonable amount of time, whether you need heating and air conditioning repair or you decide to upgrade to a new, whisper-quiet system.
Schedule your HVAC maintenance
Taking care of your HVAC system today can prevent inconvenient repairs down the road, keep your equipment running efficiently and help it last longer.
Annual HVAC maintenance isn’t just about swapping out a filter. Here are a few of the other tasks Black Bear’s professionals will do for you:
- inspect your system to look for potential problems
- examine the fuel lines and points of connection
- inspect exhaust outlets to check for damage like leaks or corrosion
- check any electrical connections and voltage
- carefully lubricate moving parts
- make sure there is enough refrigerant in the air conditioner to work properly
When your HVAC system needs repairs
There are many ways you can tell that something is wrong with your HVAC system. Here are some clues:
- a rise in utility bills you can’t explain
- inconsistent airflow
- uneven temperatures
- strange noises from your system (rattling, whistling, clanging, buzzing, popping, etc.)
- unusual smells, such as mustiness or a scorched odor
- increased allergy symptoms indoors
Whatever the problem is and whenever it occurs, Black Bear can get to the root of it. If a Black Bear customer has a no-heat emergency, we are on-call 24 hours a day.
When it’s time to replace your HVAC system
There will always come a time when systems get old and deteriorate, and it’s no longer cost effective to repair and maintain them. For example, most cooling systems have a life span of between 12 and 15 years. If your system is reaching that age, or has costly damage, it may be time to consider an upgrade.
Black Bear’s team of technicians can help you determine if a replacement is the right way to go for your HVAC system. If it’s time to replace, our experts can walk you through the process of choosing a new system that fits your requirements.
Whether you need maintenance, repair or replacement, call 845-513-3544 or use our contact form to get started.