Why Is HVAC Maintenance Important?
5 Reasons To Let the Pros Take Care of Your Home HVAC System
If you’ve noticed a recent rise in your energy bills but not your usage, chances are your HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) system has lost some of its efficiency and is overdue for maintenance. You want your Sullivan County home to keep you comfortable all year round without breaking the bank. Here are some important things to know about keeping your HVAC system in top running condition.
Why is HVAC Maintenance Important?
Here are five reasons to invest in maintenance for your HVAC system:
- You’ll save money by staying ahead of costly breakdowns and extending the life of your system. You’ll also maintain the efficiency of your system (which will keep your energy bills as low as possible).
- You’ll improve the air quality in your home. This is especially important if you or any of your family members are sensitive to allergens or have asthma.
- You’ll be more comfortable because a well-maintained HVAC system will do a better job of cooling and heating your home efficiently and effectively. You’ll also have peace of mind knowing that a disruptive breakdown is unlikely.
- You’ll be safer because regular HVAC maintenance will identify any potential problems that could lead to dangerous levels of carbon monoxide in your home. You’ll also be safeguarded against frozen or burst pipes and the costly damage they can cause.
- You’ll be helping the environment because an HVAC system that receives regular maintenance consumes less fuel. In addition, your HVAC professional can give you options for reducing your system’s impact on the environment (e.g., programmable thermostats and oil heat versus natural gas).
What Is Included in HVAC Maintenance?
There’s more to HVAC maintenance that replacing filters. A certified and trained professional will provide a full inspection and identify any potential problems. A maintenance visit includes the following:
- Examination of fuel lines and all points of connection
- Inspection of exhaust outlets to check for leaks, corrosion, and other damage
- Checking all electrical connections and voltage
- Lubrication of all moving parts
- Ensuring the correct amount of refrigerant is in the air conditioner
Is There Something Wrong With Your HVAC System?
There are some tell-tale signs that your HVAC system needs repairs. Here are some things to look out for:
- An unexplainable rise in your utility bills
- Inconsistent airflow
- Uneven temperatures
- Strange noises coming from your system (buzzing, clanging, popping, rattling, whistling, etc.)
- Strange smells (e.g., musty or scorched odors)
- Increased allergy symptoms when inside
Let Black Bear maintain and repair your HVAC equipment. Ask about our affordable maintenance plans. And if it’s time to replace your HVAC system with a new one, we can do that too. We’re Sullivan County’s first choice for HVAC installation, maintenance, and service, and your comfort is our top priority.
Contact us today to learn more.