HVAC Care for Pet Owners
Some Important Tips
Your pets are part of your family. Your HVAC system is an important part of keeping your family comfortable all year in your Sullivan County home. As a pet owner, you need to stay even more vigilant to prevent dander, dirt, and fur from causing problems with your HVAC system.
Here are some simple tips for avoiding the potential problems pets can lead to with your HVAC system. You’ll be helping to maintain your HVAC system’s efficiency and will improve the air quality in your home—especially important for anyone in your household with allergies or respiratory issues.
HVAC Tips for Pet Owners
Here are some of the ways you as a pet owner can protect and best maintain your HVAC system:
- Grooming: Stay on top of your pet’s fur and dander by brushing them at least once a week and bathing them as your vet recommends. This will help to limit the amount of fur that could clog your filters and vents. Professional grooming on a schedule your vet recommends may also be helpful.
- Filters: Be diligent in checking and replacing your filters. Check your filters at least once a month. HEPA filters are the best to use, especially if anyone in your home has a respiratory condition.
- Cleaning: Keep a clean home. Vacuum your carpeting and furniture as least twice a week using a HEPA-filtered vacuum. Clean all bedding regularly, especially places your pets like to spend their time.
- Vents & Ductwork: Reduce the amount of dust and dander that gets recirculated back into your home by cleaning your vent gratings. Consider employing a professional to clean your ductwork.
- Maintenance: Regular maintenance is the best way to catch and address potential problems and keep your HVAC equipment clean and running optimally. Black Bear Fuel Oil, Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning offers our customers comprehensive HVAC maintenance.
Black Bear Knows HVAC
Black Bear can make sure your HVAC system is running efficiently and trouble-free. Our technicians can diagnose and correct any potential problems and make sure your HVAC unit gets the care it needs to keep you and your family comfortable all year long no matter how many pets you have.
Customers count on Black Bear Fuel Oil, Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning for affordability, quality service, and efficiency. Black Bear serves customers in Sullivan County and parts of Ulster and Orange Counties.
Ready to schedule your HVAC maintenance visit? Call the Bear, and we’ll be there!