How Do I Choose A Quality HVAC Contractor?
When it comes time to hire an HVAC contractor in Sullivan County for HVAC installation, routine maintenance, or a repair, you need to know how to separate reliable and unreliable options. How do you do that? By asking the right questions.
5 important questions for HVAC contractors:
- Do you have the proper credentials? Ask your HVAC contractor candidate for their license number and look it up. Try to choose contractors who are certified by North American Technician Excellence (NATE). Many NATE members are also affiliated with ENERGY STAR, which approves energy-efficient appliances.
- How long have you been in business? The heating industry is full of independent and inexperienced operators – protect yourself! Ask for proof about any claims your potential contractor makes, and remember: experience matters.
- Will you provide a written estimate? Insist on a written bid detailing the work to be done, the anticipated time to complete the job, and all costs associated with the work, including labor, replacement parts, etc.
- Can you show me references? A good word from a trusted source is important information to take into account when looking for a heating contractor. Ask for recent customer reviews, including reviews from reputable services like Google and the Better Business Bureau. If your candidate can’t provide references, it’s probably best to walk away.
- Do you guarantee your work? – Ask for a clear, written statement about the work they intend to complete and the terms of warranty that cover it. Also: make sure the work your contractor will do does not accidentally void existing warranties on your equipment!
If you need a qualified heating technician to maintain or repair your HVAC equipment (or install an HVAC equipment upgrade), you’re in good hands with Black Bear. All of our technicians are licensed, NATE-certified, and insured – and most have more than 20 years of experience fixing heating oil systems of all kinds.
For expert HVAC installations and service in Sullivan County, trust the pros at Black Bear. Contact us today to learn more!