Protect Your Home from Extreme Weather
The benefits of whole house generators
As a family-owned and operated company, your family’s safety is our priority at Black Bear Fuel Oil, Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning.
When bad weather strikes, whole house generators offer the ultimate peace of mind. Living in New York, you know firsthand that extreme weather is becoming more common and intense. Make sure your home is prepared and can weather any storm and corresponding power outages.
Losing power doesn’t just put you and your family in the dark, it also affects your ability to refrigerate or freeze your food, bathe, cook, secure your home, and stay warm. Each day without power becomes exponentially more uncomfortable, especially as the temperatures reach extremes.
Generac whole-house backup generators
Whereas whole-house generators used to be a luxury, the increased frequency of extreme weather events and power outages has made them a necessity. Black Bear is proud to offer Generac whole-house backup generators to our clients. These generators live up to their name and allow you to enjoy all the comforts of your home when the power goes out.
Generac generators are powered by propane and connected to your home’s electrical and HVAC equipment. Within seconds of an outage, your generator will power up automatically. So, you’ll experience a seamless transition to backup power.
Benefits of a whole-house backup generator
Less than one minute after an outage, your generator will spring into action and power you entire HVAC system and all your electrical appliances. In addition to keeping the lights on, having a whole-house generator will keep you and your family comfortable, save you money, and protect you and your home in the following ways:
- Preserve your food. You won’t have to worry about any of your food spoiling because your fridge and freezer will still be working, so will your stove and oven.
- Avoid water damage. You’ll still be able to use your electric-powered sump-pump and avoid expensive water damage.
- Avoid frozen pipes. With your home heating system still working, avoid the stress and expense of frozen or burst pipes.
- Continue using your medical devices. If you or any of your family members depend on medical equipment that requires electricity, your generator will keep it up and running.
- Remain secure. Your home security system will continue to protect you and your family because your generator is running.
- Stay connected. Maintain the ability to keep your electronic devices (laptops, tablets, cellphones, etc.) charged.
- Stay comfortable. Even if you have a gas furnace or boiler, you need electricity for important components, including safety monitoring and ignition systems. So, without electricity, your home won’t stay warm. Similarly, your generator will make sure your home’s AC continues to keep you cool during hot weather.
Which generator is right for you?
Generac propane gas generators come in a variety of capacities, and the experts at Black Bear can help you choose the right size for your New York home. We recommend propane generators over gasoline-powered generators because propane doesn’t degrade over time the way gasoline does and so can be stored long-term so you’re always ready for the unexpected.
Why choose Black Bear?
Black Bear has become one of the leading companies for generator installation. We are so confident in our service, that we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee for generator installations. We are a Generac-approved dealer and our technicians are knowledgeable and certified to work on all types of Generac generators. Together with a licensed electrician, we’ll connect your Generac generator to your propane tank and then ensure you always have enough fuel.
Do you have enough propane for your generator?
You should have enough propane in your generator to run it for one week if there’s a power outage. Whenever you need more propane, contact Rez-Bear to schedule your next propane delivery.
Black Bear operates in Orange County, Sullivan County, and Ulster County. To see if we provide service to your New York neighborhood, enter your zipcode here.
Let Black Bear help you prepare your home for extreme weather. Contact us today to learn more about whole-house generators.