How To Maintain A Ductless A/C System: Six Key Tips
Ductless air conditioners (also called mini-split cooling systems) are a wonderfully efficient way to cool your Sullivan County home –if you maintain them properly.
With warm weather coming and your indoor time on the high side this year, it’s really important to keep your ductless system delivering reliably cool air for less money.
6 Ways To Care For Your Mini-split A/C System
- Focus on filters –Follow manufacturer’s instructions to maintain your filters, especially during the cooling season. Check them once a month, replacing or cleaning them as needed.
- Give it space – Ductless air conditioners work best if you keep them away from anything that blocks airflow or gathers dust, such as furniture and wall art.
- Regularly clean your mini-split indoor units – Wipe down the indoor unit of your ductless system each week with a damp cloth to remove dust and dirt, which can circulate indoor allergens and diminish the efficiency of your unit.
- Mind the pipes – In a ductless system, narrow pipes connect indoor and outdoor units. Clean them regularly, and watch out for leaks!
- Don’t forget the outdoor units – Remove any large debris (sticks, branches, etc.) by hand, then use a garden hose to spray the condenser unit. Just be sure to power down before you start your cleanup!
- Get your equipment serviced by professionals – Annual tune-ups will keep your equipment running at its best, and will help our technicians spot minor issues before they become big problems.
Keep your ductless mini-split A/C running at its best with expert maintenance from Black Bear – contact us today to schedule a service call. If you don’t have a ductless system, contact us to see if one could be right for you.
Please note: at Black Bear, your safety and comfort are always our priority. Please see our Covid-19 Service Update Page to learn more about how we are working to keep you and our crews safe and your home comfort systems working through this challenging time.