What Does HVAC Maintenance Involve?
Old or poorly maintained HVAC equipment costs more to run because it operates less efficiently. So if you’ve noticed a recent rise in your energy bills but not your usage, it’s possible your HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) system has lost some of its efficiency and is due for a service visit. In fact, an HVAC system that doesn’t receive regular professional maintenance can lose as much as 5% of its efficiency every year. That can really add up!
If you want to keep your Sullivan County home comfortable all year-round while keeping your energy bills as low as possible, it’s important to have it professionally serviced on a regular basis. Black Bear Fuel Oil, Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning has the expertise to conduct your annual HVAC maintenance. And if you need repairs or a replacement, we can handle that too. We do quality work in a reasonable amount of time.
A Good Maintenance Schedule
How often should your HVAC be serviced? As a general rule, a yearly maintenance visit should suffice. This will reduce the probability of inconvenient (and more expensive) repairs down the road. It will keep your HVAC equipment running efficiently. And it will improve the longevity of your HVAC equipment
What Happens During HVAC Maintenance?
During an HVAC service visit, Black Bear does more than just replace your filters. One of our certified and trained professionals will provide a full inspection and identify any potential problems.
Here are a few of the tasks included in a Black Bear HVAC maintenance visit:
- Inspection of your system to look for potential problems
- Examination of the fuel lines and points of connection
- Inspection of exhaust outlets to check for damage like leaks or corrosion
- Checking any electrical connections and voltage
- Careful lubrication of moving parts
- Making sure there is enough refrigerant in the air conditioner
Why HVAC Maintenance Matters
When you take care of something, it tends to work better and last longer. That’s true of your body, your car, and the HVAC system in your Sullivan County home.
Here’s a closer look at some good reasons to get regular maintenance for your HVAC system:
- Savings: You’ll save money on repairs by staying ahead of costly breakdowns. And most HVAC breakdowns could have been prevented with routine maintenance visits. You’ll also extend the life of your system. That will delay the cost of a replacement. Finally, you’ll maintain the efficiency of your system. That will save you money on each and every energy bill.
- Health: You’ll improve the air quality in your home. This is especially important if you or any of your family members are sensitive to allergens or have asthma. Regular HVAC maintenance can also identify any potential problems that could lead to dangerous levels of carbon monoxide in your home that would put your family’s health at risk.
- Comfort: You and your family will be more comfortable because a well-maintained HVAC system can heat and cool your home more efficiently and effectively than an unmaintained system. You’ll also have peace of mind knowing that a disruptive breakdown is less likely.
- Environment: An HVAC system that receives regular maintenance consumes less fuel, and that’s better for the environment. In addition, one of Black Bear’s HVAC professionals can give you additional advice for reducing your system’s impact on the environment.
Choose Black Bear
Whether your HVAC equipment needs maintenance, repair or replacement, Black Bear can handle it. We’re Sullivan County’s first choice for HVAC installation, maintenance, and service, and your comfort is our priority. We also provide services in Northern Orange County and Eastern Ulster County.
Contact Black Bear today to learn more or to schedule an HVAC maintenance visit.