Ductless Heating/Cooling System: What Are The Benefits?
You’ve probably seen those compact indoor heating/AC units high up on the wall in Sullivan County hotels and restaurants. But what do you really know about these “mini-split” systems?
Basically, mini-split (or ductless) systems are a cost-effective alternative to inefficient window units, space heaters and electric baseboard heaters. They get our top recommendation in homes that don’t have existing ductwork, and they’re a great option anywhere you need a primary or supplemental source of conditioned air delivered to a room or space.
The five biggest advantages of mini-split systems compared to traditional heating and cooling systems.
- They’re flexible – Unlike central heating and central air conditioning systems, ductless units can direct a precise amount of heated or cooled air directly into different zones. Indoor “air handler” units can be arranged where you need them, sized to the heating or cooling load of the particular room where you place them.
- They save you money – Ductless systems are smaller than traditional forced-air systems, so they require less energy to drive. Multi-split systems also allow homeowners to create “zones” in their home, which means they no longer have to cool or heat rooms that aren’t occupied. Tax credits and utility rebates for high-efficiency mini-split systems can bring even more savings.
- They improve indoor air quality – Air ducts in traditional HVAC systems have to be cleaned regularly by professionals – and even after cleaning, dust and allergens can remain behind. Ductless systems can drastically reduce dust, bacteria, pollen, allergens and other airborne particulates.
- They’re easy to install – Ductless systems are easier and less time consuming to install than central air conditioners and furnace- or boiler-based systems. Each indoor unit runs on small pipes from the outdoor condenser unit, requiring only a small three-inch hole in your wall. There’s no need to rebuild walls or ceilings around ductwork, and no loss of precious square footage in your indoor space.
- They shrink your carbon footprint – Small, flexible, ENERGY STAR rated ductless systems run more efficiently than central air and heating systems. They also use a refrigerant called R410A, which is far more friendly to the ozone than other refrigerants.
Could a ductless mini-split heating and cooling system be right for you? Call today to learn more about ductless air conditioner installation in Sullivan County, NY!