Why Risk a Poor Furnace Installation?
Don’t DIY. Leave it to the pros.
Consider the intricacies of your cell phone compared to a rotary phone from decades ago. The car you drive has sophisticated components that would have looked like science fiction to your grandparents. In much the same way, HVAC equipment is getting increasingly advanced. Today’s furnaces are a complex mix of electronic and mechanical components that connect to computerized elements. So, unless it’s your area of expertise, installing a furnace is not the time to put your DIY skills to the test. Leave it to the professionals.
The problem with a poor furnace installation
Hiring a professional to install your furnace gives you peace of mind that everything will not just work but work optimally. Here are some of the problems that can arise with a poor furnace installation:
- Poor efficiency: Poor installation can undermine the benefits of a high efficiency furnace. If your furnace is installed incorrectly or poorly sized, it will work harder than necessary in heating your home. When your heating equipment uses too much energy to heat your home, you’ll literally pay the price with higher heating costs every month. A proper professional furnace installation will save you money in the long run.
- Electrical issues: Poor furnace installation can lead to an overloaded circuit breaker. When your circuit breaker trips, your heating service is interrupted.
- Subpar ductwork: If the ductwork isn’t up to standard, that can cost you hundreds of dollars a year in wasted warm air. Again, spending money now for a professional installation will ensure you get the most out of your furnace and save you money over time.
- Fuel leaks: An improper connection to you heating system’s fuel lines can lead to a fuel leak. In addition to diminishing the performance and efficiency of you heating system, a fuel leak is a serious safety issue. Don’t put your family’s safety at risk. It isn’t worth it.
- Poor ventilation: This is another serious risk to you and your family. Don’t risk it.
Call the Bear
In short, you shouldn’t try to install a furnace yourself. In fact, it’s best to hire a professional for all HVAC installations. The professionals at Black Bear Fuel Oil, Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning can help you with the entire process. We provide high-efficiency heating equipment for all budgets. Our friendly staff will help you find the perfect furnace for your home, and then one of our experts will install it. Then all you have to do is sit back and enjoy the savings. You could see your annual energy bills lowered by as much as 40%!
At Black Bear Fuel Oil, Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning we treat your property as if it were our own and provide affordability, quality service, and efficiency. Black Bear serves customers in Sullivan County and parts of Ulster and Orange Counties. Click here to see if you live in Black Bear’s service area.
If you need a new furnace, call the Bear. We’ll be there. We can provide you with a free estimate and show you how affordable a new, high-efficiency heating system from Black Bear can be.